What should you ask an agent before hiring them to list and sell your home? Today let’s go over 10 crucial questions.
Before you hire an agent to help you sell your home, there are 10 critical questions you must ask them:
- How much do you spend on marketing your properties each month?
2. Are you full-time right now?
3. Have you done a detailed market analysis?
4. Do you have a strategic, written marketing plan?
5. What technology do you use to list and sell homes for your clients?
6. What is your list-to-sale price ratio?
7. What percentage of listings that you take actually sell?
8. How many homes have you sold in your career?
9. How many homes did you sell last year?
10. How many years have you been in the real estate business?
As is highlighted by the last three questions, experience is one of the most valuable attributes an agent may have. However, it’s important to keep in mind that time spent in the industry does not necessarily equate to experience.
It’s possible that you may encounter an agent who has been in the industry for years but has only sold a handful of homes. On the other hand, you may encounter a newer agent who has sold a good many homes in just a short time. Ideally, you should choose an agent who has a balanced level of experience in terms of homes sold and years spent in the industry.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.