There are certain things that homebuyers hate to see when touring a home. Here are six of them.
Today we’re going to be discussing six homebuyer turnoffs that home sellers should be aware of in today’s market:
1. Damp or wet patches. Studies show that 70% of homebuyers are put off by this. If you have any dampness anywhere in the home, make sure you get it fixed right away.
2. Odor. 56% of homebuyers said they are turned off by any indication of odors from pets, dampness, smoke, or anything in between.
3. Dull light or darkness. 54% of buyers say that this is unattractive when viewing a home. Open up those blinds, let the sunlight shine through, and make your home look more attractive.
4. Clutter. 15% of buyers are disappointed by any sort of clutter in a room. Do a deep cleaning and decluttering of your property before you list it.
5. Outdated bathrooms. Kitchens and bathrooms are some of the most important rooms to homebuyers, and 25% of them find an outdated bathroom to be unappealing.
6. Over-the-top decor. While home staging is important, it’s not necessary to overdo it.
If you have any questions about selling your home or know someone who does, feel free to reach out to us via phone or email for a free consultation today. We look forward to hearing from you.