Here are five tips to get the home you want in our competitive market.
What does it take to get the home you want in this competitive market?
1. Get pre-approved before making an offer.
2. Know what you’re looking for. Your real estate advisor should do a needs analysis to structure a document that helps you understand what your perfect home is.
3. Work with a trusted agent. Be sure to interview two or three real estate agents before you settle on one. That way, you can find out exactly what they’re going to do for you throughout the process.
4. Set up a home search. You might find the home you’re looking for on a consumer site, or your real estate agent might be the one who finds it, though that’s not necessarily what you’re hiring them for. You’re hiring an agent to be your advocate throughout the process and work to protect your best interests.
5. Be prepared to view and make an offer quickly. Chances are that the home of your dreams is the home of someone else’s dreams, too. Make sure your agent is prepared to get your offer in at a moment’s notice when that property hits the market. There are dozens of pages to fill out when making an offer, so be sure to go through that process with your advisor in advance.
If you have any questions or you’d like us to do a buyer’s consultation with you so that you know how we’ll help you find success, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. One of our team members would be glad to follow up with you.